WORLD JUNIOR & GIRLS CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS
from 07th to 22nd August, 2016, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Additional Regulations for Indian players
We are happy to announce that India will be hosting World Junior & junior girls Chess Championship at Bhubaneswar , Odisha from 07 to 22 August, 2016. In addition to the FIDE regulations, the following rules will apply to the Indian Nationals who are desirous of participation.
1. Participation in 2015 National Junior & Girls chess championship held at Dindigul, Tamilnadu will be basis for considering applications. Those who have not participated in the above championship are not eligible for participation. However, exemptions are given to Grandmasters and Women Grandmasters to participate as special ( donor ) entry, subject to age. AICF players registration for the year 2016 -2017 is mandatory.
2. As per FIDE guidelines, the total number of participation from one Country should not exceed 1/3 of the total number of participation.
3. Therefore, the AICF will entertain participation from players strictly on merits as per the ranking obtained in the 2015 National Junior & girls chess championship held at Dindigul.
4. All entries accompanied by duly filled entry form along with entry fee of Rs.11,500/- by Demand Draft favouring “All India Chess Federation” Payable at Chennai should be sent to All India Chess Federation, Room.No. 70, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai – 3. routed though their respective state chess Associations, should reach AICF office on or before 15 June, 2016.
5. The AICF after finalizing the entries shall send a mail confirming the participation of the Indian players. Those not selected shall get back their money.
6. The short listed players will have to participate with the official uniform to be provided by AICF on payment. Such players will be required to deposit Rs.3,500/- ( cost of the kit ) in favour of All India Chess Federation.
7. Players should bear travel expenses, board & lodge on their own. However, the organizers can provide board and lodge on payment basis. The amount towards the same will be published on or website at the earliest.
8. If players are accompanied by parents / coaches, the same may be informed by duly filled registration form to the All India Chess Federation. They have to bear their own expenses.
9. National Champions, Asian and World medal winners in two age categories below the intended International tournament can be permitted to participate as donor/special entries in age group International tournaments conducted in India subject to satisfying other conditions in force, even if they have not participated in the respective National age group championship, in the immediate past year.
For example a player who has not participated in the National Junior (Under 19) Chess Championship at Dindigul in 2015, will be allowed to participate in this year’s Asian Junior to be held at New Delhi and World Junior to be held at Bhubaneswar if he/she satisfies the above condition. i.e. if he/she is a) National Champion in Under 15 and Under 17. b) if he/she has won a medal in Asian / World in Under 15 and Under 17 during 2015. Their participation, however, will be subject to FIDE Rules on number of participants from each country.
10. click here to download World junior entry form for Indian Players