AICF Central Council Meeting on 05.04.2015
AICF Central Council Decisions
The AICF Central Council meeting took place at the Hyatt Regency in Chennai on 05.04.2015.
1. AICF congratulate Grandmaster Vishy Anand on a new planet named after him. The new planet is 4538 Vishyanand.
2. The Central Council placed on record its thanks to the FIDE President Mr.Kirsan Ilyumzhinov for giving Indian Women Team a place in the ten teams World Women Team Chess Championship to be held at Chengdu, China from 18th to 29th April, 2015.
3. The Indian Men team also qualified for the World Team Chess Championship to be held at Armenia from 18th to 29th April, 2015 by virtue of getting a Bronze medal at the Tromso, Olympiad 2014.
4. It was decided to conduct one day workshop for the Administrators of all the State Chess Associations.
5. The Central Council congratulated the Telangana Ad-Hoc Committee for organising the India – China summit in an excellent manner. Special thanks was extended to Mr.A.Narsaimha Reddy and Mr.K.S.Prasad.
6. The Central Council decided to nominate an Ad-Hoc Committee to run the affairs of the All Assam Chess Association till such time fresh elections are held to the office bearers of the Association. The Ad-Hoc Committee to have the following members
1. Mr.Rajeev Kumar Bora – Chairman
2. Mr.Laishram Imocha – Member
3. Mr.Binod Khemka – Member
4. Mr.Mridul Kumar Mahanta – Member
5. Mr.Biswajit Bharadwaj – Secretary
7. The Central Council thanked the KIIT authorities and the All Orissa Chess Association for conducting the Arbiters’ Refresher Course very efficiently.
8. The Central Council was informed by Mr.Bharat Singh, CEO-AICF that this year commonwealth championship will be open only for commonwealth countries.
9. The Central Council welcomed the newly formed “The Andhra Pradesh Chess Association” with Mr.Y.D.Rama Rao as President and Mr.Devaram Srihari as General Secretary.
10. The Central Council informed all the members regarding the new Regulations to be introduced by FIDE with regard to registration of new chess players wherein it is necessary for the players to have email ids.
11. It was also decided to regulate the participation of players to Asian and World Schools from 2016 onwards. To include this also part of ACTC so that players may get the benefit of airfare from the Government.