Important Decision – AICF Central Council Meeting on 3.9.2016
AICF Central Council Meeting on 3.9.2016
- 18 years will be the minimum age for Arbiters and Trainers to gain titles and to work as Arbiters / Trainers.
- It was decided that the National Amateur Chess Championship will be of 11 rounds with 2 rounds on 4 days will be permitted.
- In order to participate in the below restricted tournaments, a player must not have a greater FIDE rating than the announced rating, for not less than a period of three years on date.
- AICF registered player, who wants to play at their own cost in any open swiss /round robin tournament abroad, approved by FIDE, can participate in those tournaments. The earlier decision stands withdrawn. However, rules pertaining to participation in tournaments abroad in our Constitution and Bye laws by the players to continue.
- The 3rd Annual Asian Chess Federation excellence awards function was held at Al-Ain on 30th August 2016. For the third time running the All India Chess Federation was awarded as the Most Active Federation in Asia. Below is the list of our players / coaches who bagged the following awards.
|Most Active Federation||All India Chess Federation||International and Natl Activity|
|Player of the Year||Viswanathan Anand (IND)||World’s Highest Ranked Asian|
|Girl Player of the Year||Mahalakshmi M (IND)||World Girls U18 champion|
|Youth Girl Player of the Year||Vaishali R (IND)||World Youth Girls U14 champion|
|Youth Coach of the Year||B. Ramesh (IND)||Coach 5 World Youth gold medals|
- Gujarat will host the World Youth U-16 Chess Olympiad 2017.
7. The Central Council decided to waive the stipulation regarding participation in the immediate past year Nationals for those players who have been seeded in Asian / World. However, if a player is seeded only in Asian Chess Championship, he/she should have participated in the immediate past year National Championship if he/she wishes to participate in the World Chess Championships. The same goes for Asian participation. That is he/she should have participated in the immediate past year National Championship if he/she is not seeded for the same.