Some of the important decisions taken by the Central Council of the All India Chess Federation which met on 31.03.2017 is give below.
- It was decided to recommend a School Team to participate in the All Russian Open School Team Chess Tournament to be held at Sochi. The School team with the highest average of the top 4 players will be recommended for the same. A detail circular on this is posted on our website. The interested Schools may apply with details to AICF before 20th April, 2017.
- A team from Uttar Pradesh which took part in the National Team Chess Championship held at Bhopal from 2nd to 8th February, 2017 indulged in impersonation. Punishment is imposed on the players as detailed below:
Since impersonation has been established beyond doubt, the two players namely Azad Singh Verma (Captain) and Bittu, the Central Council decided to impose a penalty on them by suspending them for a period of 2 years from 31.03.2017 from all activities of AICF and its affiliates in any manner and in any capacity. Since other members of the team namely Navin Kumar H Singh, Reenu Kumar, Nishant Kumar who were also part of the conspiracy, it was decided to suspend them for a period of one year from 31.03.2017 from all activities of AICF and its affiliates in any manner and in any capacity.
- It was decided to issue NOC to players participating in official FIDE Asian / World / Commonwealth Championships only if they have completed the championship.
- The World Youth U-16 Chess Olympiad will be held in Ahmedabad, Gujarat from 10th to 20th December, 2017.
- The Commonwealth Chess Championship 2017 will be organised at New Delhi from 02nd to 10th July, 2017.
- The Asian Cities Chess Championship 2017 will be organised at Bhuvaneswar, Odisha from 25th August to 02nd September, 2017.
- All Marathi Chess Association has been affiliated as a member of the All India Chess Federation for the state of Maharashtra.
“1. Direct Encounter, 2. Buchholz Cut 1, 3. Buchholz, 4. Sonneborn Berger, 5. Number of wins (forfeits included)”
- The Chess Federation for Physically disabled has been admitted as an affiliate of the All India Chess Federation.
- USA Vs Rest of the World in Under 14 and Under 17. Mr.Praggnandhaa (Under 14) and Mr.Aryan Chopra (Under 17) of India are selected by FIDE to represent the World team. Mr.Nihal Sarin is in the reserve list for Under 14 category
India will bid for World Junior / World Amateur / World Cadet / World Youth Chess Championship 2019.