International School Chess Championship at Russia from 1 to 9 June, 2017 – Interested Schools may kindly apply
At the request of the Russian Chess Federation and on behalf of the International School Chess Union, All India Chess Federation has been requested to send one school team from one country to take part in a big children’s celebration – the International tournament of the school teams “White Castle” which is held to Sochi from June 1 to June 9, 2017.
- Each team should consist of 5 people: 4 players (at least 1 girl should be included), born in 2003 and later, and 1trainer;
- Only teams from secondary schools can participate in the competition. Youth National Teams, chess clubs, houses and palaces of sports as well as teams combined of two or more educational institutions are not allowed to participate;
The Central Council of the All India Chess Federation has decided to recommend a school team as per the following norms.
- All the 4 players should belong to the same school and should be in the school rolls before 01 September, 2016
- Teams consisting of pupils up to 14 years of age (year of birth 2003 or later) from one school can take part in all stages of the Tournament. The pupils must have been admitted to their schools no later than 1 September 2016.
- Team composition: 5 people, including 4 players (at least 1 girl) and 1 coach–team representative. One of the players must be the captain.
- Entries are requested from Schools along with the ELO rating of their best 4 players.
- The school having highest average rating of the 4 players will be recommended for participation in Russia.
- The school management will be responsible for airfare, visa charges, kit and all other connected expenses with the trip.
- Last date for submitting the form to AICF before 20 April, 2017
Please find official Regulations in English and the application form. Please fill out the application form and send it to All India Chess Federation indianches[email protected]
Russian Chess Federation will provide accommodation with full board during the tournament to the five members of every team; travel expenses will be at sending side expense.