AICF will be launching Checkmate Covid, a unique initiative by aimed at providing financial assistance, medical guidance and vaccination support to all the members of the Indian Chess Community to combat Covid-19.
The initiative will be launched on May 4 at 8 PM via a LIVE Stream on the ChessBase India YouTube channel.
Major highlights of Checkmate-Covid:
- Financial assistance to combat the Covid-19 disease to India’s registered players, arbiters, organisers, coaches, retired players, etc.
- Medical guidance by a team of doctors specially for home quarantine patients.
- State level nodal officer for assistance.
- 24 hrs medical helpline number and email address for emergency.
- Assistance for vaccination for players travelling abroad for tournaments.
- List of plasma donors district wise.
- 6-member committee to Sanction medical funds: Three AICF office bearers, Two prominent players and one doctor
To provide financial assistance, AICF will be launching the Checkmate-Covid Fund to kickstart this initiative.
The launch ceremony will be presided over by esteemed dignitaries like Mr Arkady Dvorkovich (President FIDE – International Chess Federation), GM Viswanathan Anand (5-time World Champion), GM Koneru Humpy (World Rapid Chess Champion), Mr Ashok Jain (Chairman, Jain Irrigation Systems), Mr. S. Kailasanathan (Director, Microsense Networks), Dr Sanjay Kapoor (President AICF), Mr Ajay Patel (President of the Asian Zone 3.7), Mr Bharat Singh Chauhan (AICF Hony. Secretary).
We request you to come join us and support the launch tomorrow on May 4, 8:00 pm on the ChessBase India YouTube Channel, Chess.com India YouTube Channel and Chess24 India YouTube Channel and the AICF Website!
Official ChessBase India Stream: