RE: AICF STATE SCHOOLS CHESS SELECTION TOURNAMENT 2022
It is a matter of great pride that the 44th Chess Olympiad will be hosted by India at Mahabalipuram, Chennai from 28th July to 10th August 2022.
The dream come true event for every chess lover in India is being organized by All India Chess Federation and supported by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
To celebrate the occasion, we are pleased to inform you that All India Chess Federation, through the respective state chess association is taking this opportunity to popularize chess at grass root level across the country by organizing a state level chess tournament. It is fervently hoped that this event will not only be a big boost to the chess activities but will also create awareness among the school children.
The salient features of the tournament are as under:
- The tournament is meant for children below 15 years of age, born on or after 1.1.2007. It will be conducted separately for boys and girls.
- There is no entry fee for participation. However, each player is required to have AICF registration for the year 2022-2023.
- The tournament will be spread over 2-days and will be conducted as per FIDE rules on a 9-round swiss-league basis with a Rapid time-control of 25m+10s/player.
- A total of 25-trophies shall be awarded to the winners (boys and girls separately – total 50 trophies).
- The Champion and Runner-Up in both the category as well as the best player from Government School in both categories (in total 3 Boys & 3 Girls from each state) will get a lifetime chance to visit the Olympiad and also to interact with grandmasters and other elite participants through simuls, lectures etc.
- These players will also be extended 3 nights stay free of cost to witness the Olympiad. In addition, an amount of ₹ 2,000/- will be reimbursed as travel expenses however; the selected players from North Eastern States, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir will be reimbursed ₹ 3,000/-).