The All India Chess Federation has conceptualized the Vision 2020 document to take Indian chess to greater heights.
The Vision has been documented below and has been created for the benefit of chessplayers at every level.
1. FIDE Trainer Seminar (10 States) with 40 participants in each seminar
AICF will take care of Remuneration of Chief Lecturer (Rs. 40000/-), Assistant Lecturer (Rs. 25000/-), Travelling Expenditure of Lecturers (Rs. 20000/- approx.), Boarding and Lodging of Lecturers and necessary stationary expenditure for printing of study material. The total outgo from AICF budget restricted to Rs. 1,50,000/- for each seminar.
State Association need to cater for accommodation of participants, venue hall for conduct the seminar along with necessary projector with screen, seating arrangements (Chair & Table), refreshments and lunch for participants for 3 days. Participants need to cater for FIDE Fee of Euro 100 (Approx Rs. 8000) and their travel expenditure. 20 seats reserved for State and 20 seats will be decided by AICF.
2. FIDE Arbiter Seminar (10 States) :- 30 participants in each seminar
AICF will take care of Remuneration of Chief Lecturer (Rs. 30000/-) , Assistant Lecturer (Rs. 20000/-), Travelling Expenditure of Lecturers (Rs. 20000/- approx.), Boarding and Lodging of Lecturers and necessary stationary expenditure for printing of study material. The total outgo from AICF budget restricted to Rs. 1,50,000/- for each seminar.
State Association need to cater for accommodation of participants, venue hall for conduct the seminar along with necessary projector with screen, seating arrangements (Chair & Table), refreshments and lunch for participants for 3 days.
Participants need to cater for FIDE Fee of Euro 20 (Approx Rs. 1500) and their travel expenditure.
15 seats reserved for State and 15 seats will be decided by AICF.
3. Coaching Camp under Foreign Coach for talented junior players
AICF will conduct 4 coaching camps under foreign coach for 15 talented junior players who already established their mark in the international arena and require coaching camp to increase their rating as well as titles. AICF will take care the fee of coach, boarding and lodging of Coach & participants, flight fare of Coach and 2 AC train fare of players. The total outgo envisaged is Rs. 25,00,000/-.
4. Girls Coaching Camp at 15 States under ‘Smart Girl Project’
The coaching camp is for one-week duration under experienced Indian coaches and AICF will take care of the Fee of Coaches, Boarding & Lodging of Coaches and their travelling expenditure. States needs to cater the venue and arrangements along with accommodation of participants (if required). The total outgo will be Rs. 1,00,000/- each .
5. FIDE Rated Chess Tournament exclusively for Girl players under Smart Girl project.
15 states will be given Rs. 50000/- each for conduct of the event and the total outgo will be Rs. 7,50,000/-. States needs to ensure participation of at least 50 girl players in the event to eligible for the Rs. 50000/- grant. Providing cash prize is not mandatory and can conduct the tournament with trophies, medals and certificate. However there is no embargo if states want to keep cash prizes.
6. FIDE Rated Chess Tournament under Chess for Everyone project.
15 states will be given Rs. 50000/- each for conduct of the event and the total outgo will be Rs. 7,50,000/-. States needs to ensure participation of at least 100 players in the event to eligible for the Rs. 50000/- grant. Providing cash prize is not mandatory and can conduct the tournament with trophies, medals and certificate. However there is no embargo if states want to keep cash prizes.
7. Two women Round Robin events for securing International Norms by our female players. AICF will cater the prize fund of Rs. 7,50,000/- each and state need to cater for other logistical issues like Boarding, Lodging, Live Telecast, Arbiters, Venue etc. The event will be under the name of AICF’s Smart Girl Project. However, there is no embargo for states seek for conduct of the tournaments.
8. Prize Money for National Senior & National Women Championship amounting to Rs. 15,00,000/-& Rs. 10,00,000/-respectively will be catered by AICF.
9. Rs.1,50,000/- each will be paid to the organizers of Under 7, Under 9, Under 11, Under 13 and Under 17 National Chess Championships as grant. For National Under 25 the organisers will receive Rs.50,000/- only. However, the organisers will be reimbursed only after submitting the audited statement of accounts and tournament report. The same should be forwarded to AICF within 30 days after the championship. No grant will be entertained after 30 days.
10. Boarding Money for official/seeded players in National Championships except National Junior and National Sub Junior. For the mentioned two events, organisers need to cater boarding money while AICF will cater for all other national events. The approx expenditure in this head will be Rs.7,50,000/- for AICF.
11. Conduct of Category Round Robin events with top grandmasters funded by sponsors
12. Explore the feasibility of starting Indian Chess League
13. School Teachers Training Programme. 10 such programmes and AICF will cater Rs. 50000/- each for conduct of the Seminar. Certificate will be issued by AICF and participants need to pay Rs. 1000/- to attend the seminar. The provision already exist in AICF regulations.
14. Chess in School Seminar. Chess in School Seminar to share the expertise and experiences of Chess in School programmes to make the programme far reaching (like Armenian Model). The total outgo envisaged for conduct of seminar is Rs. 5,00,000/-
15. District Officials Seminar. 4 such seminars will be conducted for the benefit of District Officials (2 participants from each affiliated district) to promote chess at grass root level. The total budgeted amount is Rs. 2,50,000/- for each seminar.
16. All state associations must conduct a IM/GM coaching camp in their state in a year. AICF shall reimburse players daily allowance : Rs.300/- per day for maximum of 7 days for 20 players selected on merit. Further AICF shall reimburse Traveling & Honorarium as per AICF Financial Regulations to the coach (GM – Rs. 4500/- & IM – Rs. 3500/-).
17. Rs.1.50 lakhs to be given towards Prize money for the North Eastern Chess Festival (Annual Championships) to be organized by the North Eastern States on rotational basis.)
18. Rs.20,000/- to be given to Andaman & Nicobar as prize money for the State Championships.
19. 6 workshops during International GMs events for Parents.
20. Arbiter Refresher Course. Will conduct 4 Arbiter Refresher Course at four different parts of India for enhance the knowledge of all FIDE Licensed Arbiters. Undergoing the same is mandatory to officiate FIDE Rated events.
21. Cash Award to World/Asian Medal winners. Approx outgo will be Rs. 13,50,000/-.
22. India-China Annual Summit match. The AICF outgo will be Rs. 10,00,000/-.
23. The new pattern kitting (Suit/Shirt/Shoe) of Indian Team for Asian Youth/World Youth/Asian Junior/World Junior with stitching, crest & courier charges. The outgo will be approx. Rs. 6500/- each player.
24. Creation separate division for AICF’s Chess in School Programme.
THE FOLLOWING ARE PROPOSED TO GOVERNMENT FOR CONSIDERATION
1. National Men/Women Coaching Camp. Planning to have 8 coaching camp each (4 in 2019 and 4 in 2020) for Men and Women (12 participants each) with Government support of Rs. 10,00,000/- each.
2. National Junior & Sub-Junior Coaching Camp. Planning to have 7 coaching camp (3 in 2019 and 4 in 2020) for Junior & Sub-Junior Boys & Girls (6 each making total 24 participants as per national championship ranking) with Government support of Rs. 15,00,000/- each.
3. Two Exposure Trip for Indian Teams like Aeroflot Open, Moscow; Abu Dhabi Open at UAE etc.
4. Government Grant for International events in India. Planning to conduct 12 GM events in India in which at least 3 will be above rating restricted ones.
5. Support from Government for participation of teams in Asian Youth, Asian Junior, Asian School, World School, World Youth, World Cadet, World Junior, World Youth Olympiad, Asian Individual, World Chess Olympiad etc.
AICF SCHOOL REGISTRATION
In the last central council meeting, Mr. Kishor Bandekar, Treasurer AICF and Secretary Goa Chess Association had proposed regarding registration of school students with AICF through respective schools with separate school registration with discounts in registration. The house decided to form a committee consist of IM Sekhar Sahu, IM Atanu Lahiri, AICF Treasurer Mr Kishor Bandekar and AICF Secretary Mr Bharat Singh Chauhan Ex Officio and Convener of the Committee.
The suggestions put forward by the committee is appended below for consideration of the house.
1. The school needs to register with AICF first by paying Rs. 500/- as annual registration fee by providing complete details of school along with KYC documents. And students of the school need to register in bulk in the month of April every year and AICF will grant a discount of Rs. 100 in each registration. So instead of Rs. 250/- such students need to pay only Rs. 150/- for AICF annual player registration. However it will be applicable only for new registrations. Players already having an AICF ID are not eligible for Student Registration.
2. The launch of project from financial year 2020-21 with students’ upto 12th standard.
3. Appointment of Coordinator for the project by each state association.
4. Exclusive secretarial staff at AICF for handling Chess in School project.
5. State can target as many number of schools Private/Government Aided/Government School. However the school must be registered with affiliated Board (State/CBSE/ICSE etc).
6. AICF will provide necessary administrative and logistical support for approaching schools.
7. AICF registered schools will be provided with Chess in School books, Chess sets and chess clocks at discounted rates and also extend necessary help for conducting internal tournaments.
8. Budget already envisaged for training of school teachers and AICF providing certification. Necessary modification will be made in AICF website to accommodate Students Registration.